The Director, Sales Analytics is an innovative self-starter that brings outstanding analytical skills and the ability to strategically position ION to win in the marketplace. You will partner with a cross-functional team to develop compelling stories that present ION as a highly effective vehicle for reaching advertisers' objectives. You will be focused on creating analyses and extracting meaningful insights and actionable solutions that will inform ION’s positioning within the marketplace.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on and creative individual who thinks critically about data in order to tell the story and communicate it to stakeholders, and wants to expand analytical capabilities to approach data from new perspectives.
• Responsible for developing analytics and providing insights that drive sales strategy and determine opportunities to enhance ad revenue for ION’s Upfront positioning
• Work with outside research firms to conduct studies to present our company’s strengths’
• Using proprietary and syndicated data to provide deep insights and storytelling to drive brand positioning and revenue growth
• Develop innovative KPIs and benchmarks to help marketers/advertisers measure ROI of advertising on ION
• Manage Analytical workflow for the development of presentations which includes: Pulling and mining data; spotting trends and deepening analysis to tell the story; Clearly presenting insights in professional PowerPoint slides; providing training to Sales team
• Researching and mining data to support ION’s position as it ramps up to pitch the digital industry vertical
• Bachelor’s degree (quantitative discipline preferred)
• At least 7-10 years of advertising/market research experience in media or equivalent
• Background in TV or digital marketing/sales analytics, as well as attribution
• Proven collaborative, consultative, project management and organizational skills, with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to multifaceted requirements and tight deliverables
• Strategic thinker with a proven track record of combining data and business acumen to distill complex data sets to actionable insights
• Sense of curiosity, attention to detail, and comfort with ambiguity
• Excellent verbal, written, data visualization, and presentation skills