The Analyst, Content Finance is responsible for a full scope, hands-on Content FP&A role providing financial support to the Content department with emphasis on budgeting, forecasting, and key business metrics. Candidates must have a keen attention to detail, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and possess skills in finance coupled with analytical prowess. This self-starter, detail-oriented individual must be comfortable with ambiguity, analytics, and possess the ability to work well with cross-functional teams including business affairs, content, and finance teams.
Your responsibilities can be broadly classified into these categories requiring various skill-sets:
• Build and maintain content finance tools for management reporting and analysis.
• Comprehend and evaluate financial information to improve efficiency and processes in the Content area.
• Support Content finance processes by analyzing programming usage, tracking payments, and submitting variance analyses highlighting risks and opportunities.
• Develop budget versus actual reconciliations to assess the correctness of forecasts, as well as work closely with Finance and Accounting to assist with period variance analysis.
• Compile data for Content-related financial and operational KPIs in a timely, relevant, accurate, and consumable fashion.
• Analyze and prioritize Content process-related metrics by understanding data sources and frequency, and drive automation to enable faster and more accurate reporting.
• Make sure all regular management reports are being completed in an organized, diligent, accurate, and timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative field.
• 2-4 years of relevant financial modeling, strategic analysis, and reporting experience.
• Prior Investment banking, strategic finance role, or FP&A experience a plus.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint experience with the ability to navigate large data sets is a must, VBA skills a plus.
• Ability to understand business drivers, produce quality analytics as well as communicate them to executive management.
• Experience with Hyperion, NetSuite, Oracle, or other finance/accounting software preferred.
• Ability to demonstrate a systematic approach towards collecting data from various sources.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, problem solving and time management skills.
• Diligent, diplomatic, positive, go-getter attitude.